View Single Post
Old 19th May 2018, 12:31 PM

I'd need to look, but there was a chap on ebay selling RNS-Es with the correct faceplate and a host of other options available to spec it how you want

For the small additional cost I would definitely get one of the later units with chrome power button - it doesn't then limit you to 4GB SD cards, which are a nightmare to get hold of now (most cheap 4GB SD cards are actually DSHC, just not marked as such, and don't work in the original RNS-E!)

You can also add an AMI interface (Notorious has one mounted in the cubby to the right of the steering column, which acts as a useful place to plug your phone in for charging/music) and I would definitely spec the bluetooth module for the OEM integration (doesn't do bluetooth streaming, unless the specs have changed with newer modules, which they might have)

I never found the lack of directions in the DIS bothered me that much, but maybe the member on here who has figured out CAN messages on the D3 instrument cluster could figure out why it doesn't work and knock up a suitable device to convert the signal?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC