Thread: REMAP Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 28th January 2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
N/A tuning is notoriously hard, especially without other supporting mods, so I would be sceptical about a 28bhp increase in power on that alone with no decat, flowing of heads, camshaft, etc...

I'm sure it'll optimised some parameters, and I don't mean to sound negative, but just bracing you to not be crestfallen expecting such a big jump. Is he denoting before and after?
Thanks for commenting on this. I was also sceptical that software tuning without any other modifications would not work, however, I spoke with some other guys and also did some research on Stage1, is applicable on stock engines without any hardware modifications. I am not expecting wonders from the 28bhp and is not the reason I am getting it done. I just craving for a more response from the car. I know when I shift to the S gear response is great but I just don't like how the rpms stays up especially when slowing down to the traffic lights. The promised torque change and little remap tweaking should do the job.
Stage 2 requires decat, filters, exhaust and all other sort of parts to be replaced what I am not bothered to go for. I prefer to keep everything OEM and stock on my car. £145 is not killer to give a go. Cars performance going to be scanned before and after to see the changes tool to be used is Alientech Kess v2.

Previous : Chevrolet Blazer 2001 LT 4.3 petrol

Last edited by lackovicj; 28th January 2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add something