View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 06:38 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Did I tell you those stock fans are powerful?? With just one intake fan connected I can feel air flow is better than Manrose fan if I put my hand at the back. It seems exhaust fan does not do much.
My guess would be that, while the inlet fan does most of the work, the purpose of the exhaust fan is to ensure that more of the air is drawn all the way through. Without it I would be concerned that a lot more air would escape through the hashing board power connector slots and the upper grille (on the L3/D3 miners), which could result in hot spots at the far end of the hashing boards. It's possible there may be only one temperature sensor per board too, so you may not be seeing the far-end temperature. Additionally, with the stock fans removed, the Antminer will not be able to ramp up the fan speeds should it detect that the temperature is too high. If the exhaust fan is relatively quiet, I think I'd be inclined to keep that one on, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Was thinking about setting up in the loft but that gets hot in the summer so would mean ducting in air from outside and that will mean holes in roof
Unless you have a 'converted' loft, shouldn't there be ventilation gaps/holes in the eaves?
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust