View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
For the weekend I think I will make pigeon hole style shelving out of these blocks which are supposed to have great acoustic properties https://www.buildbase.co.uk/durox-10...010511-2800748 Using blocks on the side and then 3 across on the top I can create holes 620mm long, 420mm wide and 215mm high which will be just big enough to put 2 miners with power supply on the side in each hole. If I use 3 blocks on the base to lift it off the ground a bit I will need 18 blocks to create 3 pigeon holes to house 6 miners. I could even create unit 3 holes high bby 2 holes wide using 33 blocks and slightly wider holes but I din't really have enough power supply to use all of them anyway. If needed I can then use fire resistant MDF with holes drilled for ducts to close off ends and reduce noise but so fat it looks like It will not be needed. Even if I end up using Manrose fans holes will be long enough to fit miner and fan.
If it was me, I’d not bother with a aerated block and go for a dense concrete block, almost certainly better at blocking noise . That said, also a lot heavier!