View Single Post
Old 12th September 2017, 11:08 AM

Looks like SQ7 has a 48v battery? For all electric systems?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZjo0e5aGg

So this is very interesting, if this can be made to work for under £1000 then I am seriously interested lol.

So how would the coding work? Can it all be kept separate form the engine ECU? I assume the DC permanent magnet motor has its own dedicated chip and software, would it need a sensor attached to the throttle pedal or something to know when to switch on? I am guessing if its similar to an rc plane electro-ducted-fan then it can simply go to full throttle when its on no need to modulate motor speed.
Would it need to be manually switched off completely when its emptied the capacitors to allow them to recharge?

If in our applications it runs off a dedicated capacitor bank, we could have some cool charging state LEDs to display when its fully charged to go again?

Would it go after the air filter but before the MAF, and would it need to be in a butterfly valve controlled by pass tube so that its not blocking the airflow when its not in use?

And is the D2 ECU software adaptive enough for that much extra airflow or would it need a custom map?

Last edited by Goran; 12th September 2017 at 11:12 AM.