View Single Post
Old 27th February 2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 Ian View Post
Best tyres hands down for low road noise and great wet grip are landsail LS588

My friend first recommended this brand when I was not only complaining of noise but also aqua planning with my pirelli, and continentals. ..

I thought there is no way I'm using them on an A8 (dirty budget ) I was thinking .... then I drove his A8 and it's safe to say before I'd drank my cup of tea I ordered a full set of them.
Absolutely blown away by them. They are amazingly quiet, they handle really well in all conditions and give you great confidence in the wet.
I couldn't understand how a non brand can a achieve this .. then I realised there owned by michelin .. and even the big brand we know today started off as a nobody that no one had heard of before and now Pirelli are one of the biggest brands in the world.

You will be blown away by the performance I will only be fitting this tyre from now on
Really??
Previous set I've were Michelin Pilot SS, I loved the grip, don't care about the noise as exhaust or music cancels it out, but wear was horrible.

Went back to Pzero and they are horrible, TC comes on all the time, back steps out all the time, so I'll be after a new different set soon.

How many miles have you done on them so far??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten