View Single Post
Old 20th June 2020, 08:02 PM

In light if resent comments above, I've added a layer of Silent Coat Isolator 10 to the sheet of metal behind the door panel. I was first thinking to apply it on the back side of the door panel, but it’s much easier to do it on the metal sheet. Now, it starting to help on the noise damping. Obviously a good idea to use different material together to achieve better damping, but also it seems like the A8 is fairly well dampen from the factory, so adding to this in ways that it is noticeable inside the car, isn’t easy. But now I feel like it’s getting somewhere, the best way to describe it is like the same noise (from the outside) as if I was driving 15-20 km/h (10-13 mph) slower than I actually does, if it makes sense. Have only driven in dry weather lately, so I’m not sure how much of a difference it makes on wet roads, but I can only imagine that it possibly will dampen this noise pretty good too.

A photo of the door.

A photo of the trunk. I’ve cut out some more for the subwoofer and attached the trim better after the photo was taken.

Finally I've come the finale station of this project, at least for now (I think, maybe....perhaps).

Thanks for reading and following the journey!
S8 anti-roll bars front and rear
Complete rear LED taillight
Xenon fog lights
All interior LED
S8 rims 9x20"
Stage II tune
S8 Grill

Last edited by NightOwl; 20th June 2020 at 08:05 PM.