View Single Post
Old 15th March 2019, 10:07 PM

I would recommend the Ender 3 Pro over the CR-10 tbh. The Ender 3 comes as a kit but its quite simple to assemble, whereas the CR-10 comes in two large pieces which need bolting together. It took less than an hour to put the Ender 3 together though.

The only disadvantage of the Ender 3 is that it doesn't have the automatic bed levelling routine in the software which the CR-10 has. The CR-10 will lift the print head and move to each corner in sequence so you can use the adjustment wheels to set a consistent level. The Ender 3 requires you to do this manually, but moving the carriage without lifting just drags the nozzle along the bed. I found it was better to drop the bed right down on the screws and then lift it up a bit at the time while moving the head to each corner. Once I got that figured, it worked fine.

Worth mentioning that it comes with a loose coil of filament which will tangle very easily. I wound it on to a spare spool so it worked fine then. Probably prudent to buy a roll of PLA filament at the same time as the printer so you can start with that instead.

I bought both mine from Box.co.uk since they consistently have the best prices and deliver next day. Their Steadytech PLA filament is decent stuff.