View Single Post
Old 27th July 2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nognar View Post
Interesting read and thank you.

Seems the battery may not be as good as I thought.

I will swap it round with the one in the A8 and do some further testing.
My car now starts like an excited puppy, barely a revolution of the starter motor and off she goes, desperate to go somewhere. Before the battery was replaced and after all the 'testing', it was sluggish and took around 8-10 revs of the starter motor. The worst attempt took around 6 seconds, and no wonder really with the Yuasa showing just 8.5V under load when tested.

After the auto electricians recommended a new battery, I took the option of swapping my Yuasa Silver for a spare battery out of a Ford Focus C-Max (no-name brand job). Took a bit of jiggery-pokery as the battery is about half the size and I had to raise it slightly and support it to get the battery terminals clamped. This battery had been sat for 5 months and it fired up the Audi in an instant. I was then able to transport myself and the car in order to get the new Bosch battery fitted.

Cheers.

Last edited by johnny_quattro; 27th July 2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Hideous use of a comma instead of a full stop.