View Single Post
Old 31st October 2020, 08:39 PM

Default Erm... wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Well, to my surprise BR had DSP turned off! So, I've gone from 00001 to 00111. I didn't notice any difference on the way home from the workshop but that's only 2 miles, and it still wanted to do 1200rpm up a hill. Maybe it needs a longer journey?
OH
MY
GOODNESS

What was supposed to be a 2 mile round trip to my parents has just resulted in a 28 mile joy-ride/detour - reason being, I've just changed my gearbox coding from 00001 to 00011. It's like I have a new car. I cannot believe they come out of the factory like that! Pulling out from junctions just needs a squeeze and you're off. Nowhere near as heavy-handed as the old 00001 setting, with the additional bonus of no thump when coming to a stop. Whacking the gearbox into Tiptronic on the H-gate and it was also much more sprightly response-wise, with a smoother change between gears. So much so, I went up the 'Mad Mile' in Banstead, flicking deftly between 2-3-4-3-2-3-2 and then off she went.

I simply LOVE this forum for the wealth of knowledge, all-round friendliness and of course our beloved Audis