View Single Post
Old 12th January 2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
You generally loose money in deprecation on any car, especially one like this. Deprecation is something to consider, which I have done, and I can 'hack it'. Part exchange prices are irrelevant, Adrian. Find me one like this for £25k and I'll listen to you.
Sorry but they are relevant in setting a private sale value - if you needed to bail out of it that's where you'd need to shift it and the very nature of car sales is that your position in the food chain dictates what you can charge

I'm not suggesting its only worth £25k - simply that if the seller took it to a dealer its doubtful they'd offer the part ex values you've quoted. Ian is probably spot on and that's the point I was trying to make

It sounds like you've talked yourself into it anyway - if no amount of cautionary comment changes your view then clearly its the car for you and our job here is done

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC