View Single Post
Old 31st July 2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Just get an an android head unit with built in carplay.
Carplay is designed to be used on touch screens and rnse doesn't have one, it will be a gimmick especially for twice the price
Yeah I was just reading your thread on the Android one from Icebox you installed.

If I may:

(1) If I can live with the popping sounds from the Bose amp and am not an audiophile, any other downside to using this HU with the Bose amp? Risk of damage over time, etc? Or just annoyance factor?

(2) Did you ever get plug and play functionality of the backup cam or did you have to do some extra work to get it to function properly?

(3) With Apple Carplay, can I use iPhone based nav like Waze or Google Maps, eliminating the need to install the GPS antenna?

(4) Are you still happy with it, what, two years in now?

I see that Icebox still lists the unit and they still claim it works with Bose-- I wonder if they have sorted these issues out or just never updated the description.

Were you happy with Icebox's tech support? You mentioned they were going through their contact in China but did you at least feel like Icebox did everything they could to help you out?

Thanks again for that long detailed write up, I am seriously considering going this route myself if these units are truly still available and can ship to the US.