View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 10:53 AM

Default Glow plug light flashing & Engine management light staying on.

I have an intermittent issue, and a VCDS lead which is playing up-it will feed me codes, but give no explanations to them.

Codes are as follows:

02273 ; 02272 ; 00526 ; 00003 ; 004195 (P1063) ; 005715 (P1653) ; 001025 (P0401) ; 006256 (P1870)

Now, if I accelerate hard, the glow plug light starts flashing and I enter limp mode... Turning the car off and then back on resets the car back to normal driving, minus the ability to put my foot down over 2,000rpm to just repeat the process!

This morning, the engine check light came on also, and has since stayed on after turning the car off and on again.

I have done a little research online, and I have discovered that it is fairly common for this to happen to the 3.0 TDI D3's, and in fact the part which is most commonly at fault is the Boost Pressure Sensor. (Thrust Sensor if you're an Audi Parts guy)

I have ordered this from Audi and it will be with me tomorrow, at £44.00 it's not too sad if it fixes my baby. I miss her oomph!

I have no other symptoms asides what I have detailed above, but if anyone could possibly shed some light over that array of numbers above (VCDS codes) I would be ever so grateful.

I will update this when I have fitted this sensor-it's supposed to be a complete pain in the arse to do so this should be amusing!

I am replacing the EGR Valve tonight-if I can do that I am convinced I can do anything PMSL!!!!

I am sharing this because I hope to cure her and alert people of this issue, although it's supposed to be quite common, it took a hell of a long time to find info online that was of any use! So hopefully this may help others out, fingers crossed this pretty cheap part does the trick!

Bex

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.