View Single Post
Old 6th November 2017, 01:55 PM

I tried the link Tiburon posted earlier in this thread but It was going to take days with the free download. I searched around a bit and found a torrent with both DVDs (east and west europe) so I downloaded that. Due to the fact I live up a Scottish mountain, i wasnt able to get hold of any DVDs until today which was a pack of TDK DVD +R 16x.

Copied the W Europe DVD (I dont have any plans to go to Eastern Europe by car any time soon) at 4x speed. Put it into the DVD player in the boot and the update Yes/No menu was there - progress.

Selected yes and got progress 0%... Which stayed unchanged for about five minutes until it changed to DVD hardware, unable to connect (or something like that). Pulled the power lead out of the back of the DVD player and switched on ignition again. This time I got initializing 0% for about 5 minutes, then it very slowly started to climb to 100%, no mention of updates this time. After it got to 100% the nav screen came up with the last address I had searched (in Glasgow - got totally lost in the newish one way system that wasnt on the nav) I tried a bit of road that i know has been changed in Dundee and the map was showing the new layout.... So success!

Still need to change the dodgy DVD player... It keeps saying navigation is not installed until you pull the power to reset it, then it works fine for a few days again but should get me to sheffield now at least!

Thanks again guys, great advice as always.

gill