View Single Post
Old 1st February 2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I have now completed the refurbishment and refitting of the front calipers with new Ferodo discs and Brembo pads. Pro-Calipers did a great job and the calipers look good. Havent got around to bed the discs/pads in yet as the car went immediately into the garage for MoT! (not good news on other counts). The old discs were badly and unevenly worn (the outsides looked good but the inside faces were less than 50% in proper contact with the pads with large ridges at the edges of corrosion. This was, possibly, the cause of shuddering. The calipers were showing signs of corrison around the s/steel pad holders and most of the seals were distorted/damaged. The corrosion forced the pads out and had been the cause of brake overheating/ stuck pads before. I hope that all this is now in the past especially as the rears calipers were refurbished 15 months ago.

Good to go! - and now stop
Looks good - mine cost less than that when done by the place next door to Unit 20, but they didn't need any refurbishment. I may get my spare set done by Pro-Caliper, given your recommendation. I just need to decide on a colour now: my "main" set are gunmetal, so I'll have to go for something different. That's unlikely to be black (too similar), so that leaves red, yellow, or blue, I think...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.