Thread: Air con
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2017, 02:07 PM

Had the A6 re-filled yesterday at CS Autos in Northampton. It's been 5 years since buying car and air con has never been refilled, it's always on Auto meaning that aircon is always working when outside temperature is above +5C.
They recovered 430gr of gas and filled with 600gr so it had not lost too much. I cannot tell if it's any colder now but it definitely starts cooling faster.
I have not used Groupon before so I went to Groupon through topcashback.co.uk and got 8% cashback +£5 new customer first purchase cashback on top of already cheap £22 deal making total effective cost of £15.24

Probably need it doing on S8 as well as it's never been done in 9 years since buying it and not as cool as it used to be but still working which is pretty good considering some of my friends had theirs filled up, drive for 1 summer, then not in use for the winter and need filling up again next year. I think maybe keeping it on auto and on most of the time also circulates some oil and keep rubber seals in good condition but when it's off 90% off time rubber dries out and lets the gas out.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure