Thread: Which oil spec?
View Single Post
Old 7th September 2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
Not really sure why a debate is needed, Quantum is the brand produced by VW/Audi for their engines so meets the required spec (though as has been said it's probably rebranded Castrol or such like), and it's what Dealers and Audi Independant will use too...so sounds good enough to me..
Well, not everything produced by the dealer is the best quality and I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to engine oils, basically know nothing, so just needed an advice as there is plenty contradicting info online, that's all Brian.

So what you are saying guys is paying extra £70-£80 for 25 litres of Castrol Edge vs Quantum is basically mugging yourself off??

Ok then, I will get 25l of Quantum Longlife III 5W-30.

Last question
How about Quantum Platinum 5W-40?? Is it a better option for cars with higher mileage??

Pug, what I will do then is only one flush at least.
I will drain the oil, put new filter and new oil inc engine flush, run it for 20min, drain oil and change the filter and oil again.

Thank you once again boys for all the advice and comments

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten