View Single Post
Old 12th March 2018, 09:56 AM

Thanks chaps, I'm super pleased with it. The car is just so cool! I've had some nice cars but this gets a lot of attention, is it normal people keep coming up in supermarket car parks and petrol stations wanting to talk about it?!

It was a bit of a fluke I got it really. I was idly browsing old for sale ads on here and noticed this was offered up a year ago by Tom (Tomson) on here. I sent him a message, unbelievably he hadn't managed to sell it last year but wasn't bothered as he clearly loved the car. But a new Mercedes AMG C63 (I think?) was about to be inherited. And the deal was done.

118k, gearbox and torque converter refurbed by Driver Transmissions at 112.5k, cambelt done at 107.5k. New F125 switch and a wonderful Milltek exhaust. History isn't complete but Tom has spent a bomb on it. And there is that interior. I never thought I could take to the red leather until I saw it with the black. Plus I've never had a car deliver so many smiles for the miles. I love it. The seats are just the best seats i've ever driven in, including my 2015 Jag XF Black Edition.

So, some things to do. MJ will be casting her expert eye over it later in the year (MJ has been brilliant in advising me on these, thank you MJ) and this week it's going in as the windscreen and headlamp washers have stopped working. Plus the sat nav thinks I live just outside Banbury, not the Isle of Wight!

I've been digging out some of the codes. The original paint colour is not printed on the build sticker but was handwritten in as 'LC5R' which as far as I can see is Marlin Blue?? It looks Avus to me, not sure if it's had a change. Interior colour is printed as N5D/WK, not sure on that. First registered 23/09/02, well within FE territory but isn't one, but first owner was Preston Audi so I'm guessing it was a demonstrator? Plus the codes suggest heated windscreen but there doesn't seem to be a button for it?

A truly awesome car, proper old school cool! I'm so glad I came here and bought something COMPLETELY different!