View Single Post
Old 18th February 2016, 07:04 PM

hmmm, I checked my boot and its bone dry, but although not as large, my condensation is similar to yours.

I opted against replacing the glass last week as I spoke to the Corby guys when they came out and they said it was laminated, so would most likely crack, checked with TPS and the part takes two days, also, the glass isn't patent parted like some other screens so they didn't have any in stock they could keep in an if-in case scenario.

With the weather the way it is and the travel I do, I couldn't justify the risk of trying to get the screen out.

So, my next step is to attempt to strip the interior out of the boot and rear seats/headlining, then see if I can trace a leak on a rainy day - hoping to fix it from the inside out.

Only thing is, my spare days are running out because of work (self-employed) so if anyone gets there before me, let me know what you find.

Lee, is the top part of the boot hatch wet? also, check the headline above the rear drivers door, is it damp? one of the corby guys said they found a pinhole on a car once, under the water guides/roof rack areas, and over time it had widened and was the cause of a lot of problems on an A8