View Single Post
Old 9th June 2018, 03:02 PM

Sorry that's me being unclear. Sometimes the car unlocks just by grabbing the handle but usually doesn't. The only time it does is on the few occasions that the car has successfully locked with the button on the fob.

The car never locks by pressing the button on the handle and it rarely locks by pressing the button on the fob. 95% of the time the buttons on the fob do nothing. Usually I have to lock the car by turning the lock on the drivers door manually with the key and then pushing the door fully closed (obviously the handle is up to fit the key under so it doesnt fully shut) This method however doesnt seem to put the car to sleep and the battery is dead by the morning.

None of the buttons on the doors lock the car.

Basically after spending thousands on a much newer A8, I'm back to carrying a spare battery because i have no faith that I will be able to start the thing again.
1990 Land Rover 90 factory county station wagon with all the luxury additions, such as a clock and a tape player.
2007 A4 3.0TDi s-line cabriolet quattro
2000 A8 D2 2.8 quattro, looking for a new home - gone
2003 A6 3.0 quattro, in the way... anyone want any parts? - gone