View Single Post
Old 11th August 2018, 05:54 PM

some time ago I unplugged my MAF to give it a clean and didn't quite get the plug back together correctly when I reassembled it. No other warning lights came on during the short test drive before I realised I'd not got the plug in correctly but when it wasn't connected it disabled the tiptronic. Once it was back together properly tiptronic worked again. I don't know if the MAF is stopping yours working but if the MAF has a fault and isn't working correctly it might well be the cause.

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids

Last edited by B@fink; 11th August 2018 at 05:58 PM.