View Single Post
Old 14th July 2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekes View Post
Battery History: This is the new screen from the beta version of VCDS, I can't make much sense of it to be honest.
Thanks
Dave
Battery History info is sorely lacking but there are two useful aids:

1) VCDS supply a [to be honest, poorly implemented] tool to look at and analyse logs as part of VCDS. Tool name is VCDSSCAN and it's in the VCDS folder.
2) The Audi SelfStudyProgram SSP364 for the Q7 describes the logs in detail as the revised Battery Manager was implemented in the Q7 and then the A8. Look for the PDF online - pages 17-22 describe the logs that the Battery Manager ECU stores.

Note: I see from your VCDS scans you have a 'bad' level of Battery Manager firmware.
Component: ENERGIEMANAGER H12 0480

There's some sort of 'bug' in firmware versions between 270 and 490 as described in the attached Audi bulletin.

[I had a bad one and it was flashed by the dealer four years ago; nowadays that flash is so old it may be better to buy an ebay BEM ECU at the right level [510+] second hand.]

Julian

PS For extra info. I include the following that I found out doing research on the BEM. [I did the A8 beta testing for Ross Tech BEM history code and I swapped my BEMs around for them to see the log differences].

There are three 'versions' of the A8 BEM:

1) FW levels up to 240. This is a simple BEM with minimal [pre Q7] logs. See attached sample log.
2) FW levels 340 to 480. These are the updated 'full log - as per Q7 info.' ECUs but are flawed as per technical note attached.
3) FW 510 to 550. These are the updated 'full log' ECUs that work properly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bad BEM firmware.pdf (80.3 KB, 212 views)
File Type: txt Early BEM log.txt (1,010 Bytes, 210 views)

Audi A8 3.0TDI MY2005 in Midnight Blue. Gone since 2018, after 10 years!

Last edited by JulianHicks; 14th July 2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Add extra battery ECU info.