View Single Post
Old 11th August 2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post
Same for me here. They've made a big difference, considering the size of the reversing light lens area.

I have changed filament bulbs for LEDs in the following areas:
Sidelights in headlight units
Rear reversing lights
Interior overhead lights, but not the map-reading ones.
Front fogs (cosmetic)
I find them just right, but then I don't need to reverse any significant distance in a really dark area. I'll see how they are when I manage to fit my reversing camera.

As for LED applications I've done all the above EXCEPT the front fogs as yellower light actually penetrates fog better and the "cosmetic" element seems irrelevant on a foggy day - better safe than pretty! And I've done all the map-reading bulbs too and the footwell lights, door puddle lights and glovebox and boot lights.
Off hand I think the only filament bulbs left are the indicators, brake lights, rear numberplate, red door open warnings and front/rear fogs.

But there are so many bulbs in these cars I've probably overlooked some!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!