View Single Post
Old 27th August 2016, 07:42 PM

Default Further help needed please

Hi again,

A forum member has PMd me re a towbar he has to sell, am clarifying which model right now. I think it is this item number 201309387154. Frankly I am amazed at the choice of A8 detachable towbars!

As the weather is too bad to do the outside paint job on the house we have been planning for literally MONTHS I may drive to North Lincs and buy this SH towbar if I can get any tips or info on it.

I have asked for info on it but for now it looks like it comes from PPUH Auto-HAC, Slovenia. Will post again when I get info.

Oldnick felt the deeply curved swans neck of Steamship's towbar pushed too low the fixing, leading to the grounding issues mentioned.

Alternatively would a more straight towbar (like this one, held by two bolts so detachable with some fiddle-faff) need a higher mounted fixing and therefore much more towbar cutting?? Or would it just be even lower??

Any thoughts (even if just opinions) would be appreciated. I would like to get summat out of this written off weekend and a run to North Lincs with coffee in Lincoln would do the trick!!

Thanks for all your interest here, again vital for someone running these beauty's on a restricted budget (SWIMBO got first call on funds for house! )

Robert