View Single Post
Old 9th November 2015, 02:42 AM

Default Help on Lowering and wheels upgrade!.

Hi Guys,

Well Yesterday the Audi A8 D3 Quattro Sport has been packed off for her ten day full strip down and full respray and complete freshen up on how she looks. I'm not going too mad, just a quality job, and replacing the badges back on with the latest D4 badges.

However whilst it's there I have the option of one of the guys fitting lowering links for me if I provide them, but then I thought hey, lets get wheels as well and having it ready to collect on the day finished and looking great!

I want 21" Alloys with a modest drop but not too mad as I don't want any rubbing of the arches. So first off, lowering which is the best way, is it the Lowering link and if so how low would you guys suggest I have these dropping the suspension at the front and at the back by (CM's/MM's/Inch's)

Secondly I currently have the 19" alloys on it with the 255/40/19 which I believe are 9j's and et52. What I would like is to go up to 21" and get the correct tyre size that would not only keep the speedo true and correct but also allow for the modest drop I also want to do with the suspension. Id someone could let me know exactly what Alloy width to get on a 21" alloy and the tyre sizes then I can simply get something that is available. I would if it's possible like the wheel to come out to the arches so either a good offset or if I have to use various sized spacers front and rear to get the desire effect.

If any one could help me with this I would be ever so grateful. Also if anyone reckons that the VAGOM option of lowering is better, I'm more than happy to travel and pay someone not too far away from Cornwall that knows what they are doing.

I have seen a few cars with the sort of ride height I'm looking for so know I'm not being unreasonable asking for what I want, it's just not being knowledgeable about cars I'm not sure what it is that I need to try and locate.

Regards

Mark

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com