View Single Post
Old 17th July 2017, 03:50 PM

Default Aftermarket double-din unit - fitting advice please!

Afternoon all,

I've been going through old threads in the ICE / Audio segment for a long while now trying to figure out how best to go about things. Hopefully someone can provide pointers or at least confirm that my thinking is sound!

I have a stock set-up at the moment, including Bose sound / 6 disc changer / boot 6 disc changer. Being a facelift model, I appear to have a 'separate' area for audio and heating / AC controls, so I expected it'd be a simple case of taking the standard unit out, finding a fascia, and plumbing in a double-din unit.

Some threads from 2013 and older seem to show successful mountings of double-din units, but appear to gloss over the fact that there isn't an off-the-shelf fascia or fitting kit for a D2 - which seems to be the only conclusion I can make!?

I've attached an example of the kind of thing I'm aiming for (lifted from a different forum) - it's a Pioneer unit and I think it looks wonderfully OEM+, well fitted and modern. Trouble is, I can't figure out how this has been achieved given the seeming non-existence of parts required!

Any ideas folks?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pioneer sph da120.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	16545  

2002 Audi A8 2.8 Quattro Sport - the gentleman's cruiser

Last edited by Resolutionary; 17th July 2017 at 03:59 PM.