View Single Post
Old 4th October 2017, 10:37 AM

So are you rubbing the tranny brake drum with your pump bolted up to the box?
It's has been so long since i had my winch on a Landy i'm a bit green tbh.

I have a drawing somewhere that shows the slot and hole positions in the seat base kick panel for the spool lever and pto engagement lever.

I did at one point play around with a 12v electric motor coupled up to the pump so i could keep an overdrive unit and run the winch. Also possible to get a bottom pto but i could never find one. I've seen one pump that had been mounted in the engine bay and was running off the fan belt.

If you run all the cable out from the drum there should be 2 grease nipples recessed in the drum, i can't remember how far the grease goes now but seem to remeber it getting to the freewheel dog. They don't see much grease normally because you have to pay out all the cable to get to the nipples. Also the leaver gets used for a handy place to hook the hook onto and then winched in to stop it falling off, but easy to go to far and snap the leaver or selector fork. Better to have a eyebolt through the bumper or 2, you can snatch back to the Landy then for extra pull.

Alwasy fancied running a saw bench from a rear belt pto.

Drum winch and warping drum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drum and warp.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	17142  

Bright yellow bus o love.

Last edited by Dezzy; 4th October 2017 at 10:44 AM.