View Single Post
Old 12th February 2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Well done, Neil, congratulations though I do have to confess I guessed someone else.
Thanks Andrew - I'm intrigued who you thought it was?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Quite the collection... and I don't mean the sets of wheels
Thanks Sean, yes erm. . . wheels are another small distraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by S81 View Post
Is the 3rd car in pic also an 8 ? ,if so thats a fairly serious addiction ,( ps i like your new addition)
Yes that one is an A8L 4.2 D3 Petrol / LPG I have a few more 8's I do Unit Car and Chauffeur Car work with . . . . or rather I DID before this current pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Well, id never have guessed you'll be spoilt for choice now Neil. Good news all round though.
Thanks David - I'll try to rotate all of the cars fairly so none get too jealous! I havent even mentioned the A2 1.6 FSi Sport I just bought in Dolphin Grey with a Votex Body Kit and the seperate Red leather interior which is going into it . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
He's got nearly as many as I have!

Edit: all of Neil's work though
Not D2's I havent!! and this is my first S8 and FE so its allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Ian/IT's clue was a bit of giveaway, I think (if you didn't know already...)
I still think he has a size fixation, needs some therapy I think
I've had many engine sizes and BHPs but his memory is also probably fading as he gets older

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Garage of joy Congratulations. I hope you all have a long and happy relationship, with perhaps the putter of a little one in your future
Thank you Nick - as above I've already had the joyful arrival of a baby D2, its called an A2!

Quote:
That plate has been burning a hole in the back of your brain for many years!

But how will you cope with the extra 500 normally-aspirated cc's...….
Not in the least - I actually quite like the plate which is on the car its an MK plate which probably means the car was first registered by Audi UK at Milton Keynes, and the letters are FFE . . .Fantastic Final Edition!

Perhaps you've caught Ians condition as well Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
I've experienced Neil's driving and expect he will waft as smoothly as ever, the pro he is, no matter how many cc's or BHP's nestle under his finely calibrated right foot.
Why thank you kind sire . . . .and as TinTin will attest this also presents itself as much improved MPG when I want it to as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Can't say for certain, but it may well be this one here with the S8 plate.
Yup its that very one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
Congratulations Neil, looks like you got a lovely well looked after example, let's hope we can see it soon when all this Covid malarky is over
Thanks Brian! Yes same here - can't wait to be able to meet up again and talk more car b*ll0cks!

Quote:
Beverley reminded me the other day that it looked like we had 5 big black identical-looking cars there, but actually they were all different and I don't think any were black!
I think Nick's D3 S8 was Metallic black but it was hard to tell due to being mostly covered in sand!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs