View Single Post
Old 9th October 2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Given the catastrophic failure of the tyre I think you were lucky Mike to make a controlled stop. Glad you are OK. Would you recommend Federal tyres after that experience?
After a few years fitting tyres this type of failure is not restricted to cheaper or lesser known brands, it only takes a small defect in manufacture or even a pothole catching the iner edge of the tyre and causing an “egg” in the inside wall combined with heat and pressure and BANG. That tyre has also been run flat for a bit too as seen by the black dust so the rip would have been smaller to start with.

What i will say is that Michelin always wanted the casing back to check it, as all the manufacturing deatails are on it, where, when ect.

Well held though Mike just as well you were not on a flyer. That said how’d the car track with the flat, when I had the front one go it was quite hard to tell really. I know how that sounds (you must be pretty stupid not to realise) what I mean is the 8 tracked well with a flat on the front, it would have done 20 – 30 mph no problems at all with the front tyre flapping around.

Bright yellow bus o love.