Thread: Battery bother
View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2013, 02:12 PM

Default Update

I put the battery on trickle charge last night when I got home from work and a few hours later it fired up at the first attempt. I took a short drive in it to see if any warning lights came on or anything was unusual.........all seemed normal. I parked it up with the intention of taking it to get tested today but came out this morning and nothing, well, not enough to turn the engine over. I put it on charge and went back a few hours later and it just managed to turn over so I took it to my independant (taking care not to stall!) and turned it off when I got there (a five mile journey) and it wouldn't turn over again.

Suffice to say, I didn't bother with the test and just fitted the new battery immediately. It's a Bosch battery with a four year guarantee and I got it at cost price so can't complain, hopefully job sorted and peace of mind for the winter ahead. It's the original battery so around seven years old so I can't complain.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra