View Single Post
Old 21st March 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
Hi There,

Just did this on the my 2005 PF D3. Went surpirsingly well!

You need VCDS or similar to wind in the parking brake (hook up battery charger, follow Ross Tech Wiki/youtube vid). I initially struggled with it, as the caliper wouldn't compress back in, so put old pads/disc back on and re-did and bingo!

Used a big G clamp to compress caliper. The Star screw holding the disc on was a bit of a sod, but means the holes all align when putting the wheel back on so actually makes it easier.

Lift on the MMI and then Jacking mode and theres even a slot for a trolly jack on the D3 and it's high enough you don't need to mess with the Audi Jack

Actually a lot easier than on my old D2 with the rotatry brake tool.

Pair of black EBC slotted discs and red stuff pads and the braking is good, quite, smooth and efficient. £190ish all in

One pair was utterly dead, just starting on the rivets, the others low but ok. discs old. Am guessing that it had been previously done without VCDS as i got no dash warning until after changing!! Pads entered in as 10mm (they measured close to 11, but were under and am guessing a high value gives a late warning!)

Lee
have you got the details (part numbers of the Pads) mine are in need of replacing and struggling to make sure the fitment is the same.

cheers