View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKY D View Post
I was talking to a mate the other day about cars ( he’s a BMW but ) and he was saying how great the 5 and 7 series are because the front wheels do the steering and rear wheels provide the go.....typical BMW talk

I was thinking afterwards how hard would it be to convert a D2 to RWD? I’m not sure it would improve handling much, but my inquisitive mind would like to see it done to see the weight saving.

I’ve heard of people doing it with Lamborghini’s so surely the D2 could be done also

Ricky - don't miss out on the sorts of opportunities I've had in the past, one of which involved pulling/towing a BMW 3-series out of a car park opposite Cinderella's/Jaz in Purley. To be fair to the 3 chaps, they were really grateful I offered my assistance. I'd seen them as I drove past, with two leaning heavily on the boot of the BMW in order to gain traction. Once I'd hooked up my tow-rope, I pulled them out at barely more than tickover speed. I think that there was a grudging appreciation of the car's ability. Always makes me smile...