View Single Post
Old 18th April 2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Yeah it could be. I presume the people you've asked so far don't have a connector for the high-pressure port?
Hmm, not sure, both have said 'it doesn't work with our machine' in perfect Mechanic Slapdash. They probably are in part right but haven't bothered any other than what they do for all the Euroboxes we seem to love here. I'm hoping it just a leak that needs fixing and regassing.

In fairness I don't know either of these garages but were mentioned to me as 'good for air con!' God help me!

Taking it to a place that was never flustered with any of the old barges I've thrown at them over the years, let's see what they can do? If they can't I guess we can see if we can possibly add it to the list for our Devon trip!

Final sling would be to try the Audi main dealer. If I had to make a one off trip to the mainland just for this it might not be that much more expensive overall, however I am pretty sure they have never seen a D2 before, ever! I've never seen ANY A8 of any flavour on an island plate in the ten years I've lived here. They are a combined VW/Audi/Merc garage all in one small building in Newport and love their Golfs, A3's and A Classes!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.