View Single Post
Old 28th January 2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
LOL the above & great to hear its better. Whats an EVHC?
Electronic vehicle health check

Bloody dealer money spinner

Last year we sold a 2004 Audi TT 100 k miles on it , pretty tidy car really but remember it was 11 years old last year , owner took it an Audi dealership they did an oil and filter (it had only just been done by me ) and one of the 'free' evch checks ..... the oil and filter change was £170 plus vat by the way .

Practically condemned it , £4500 worth of jobs , brakes needing 'urgent attention ' because of the smallest lip on the discs , under body and suspension components rusty , just surface rust .... its 11 years old , clutch needed replacing ...... nothing wrong with it ..... all kinds off jobs that just did not need doing .

Owner of the car came back to us on the bounce going nuts wanting money back , waving the dealers report at us , solicitors letters yadder yadder

Long story short we ended up getting RMI independent inspection with vosa present , dis proved most of the so called 'urgent attention ' jobs

We sent this report to dealers ..... There reply ...... "Well in our opinion the work was needed "
I have found the dealers don't work on older cars they only see them for the first 3 or 4 years then after that most owners go to a good independent, they see a bit of rust on a caliper and it need 4 new calipers or else a catastrophic event will take place .
I work on newish and older cars all the time , you get used to a bit of rust and corrosion here and there ..... its not such a big deal

Just beware of these health checks ..... the techs often get bonus off work brought in , get a second opinion if your unsure

By the way not saying all dealers are at it , there's good ones out there , ones that understand that a 5/6/ 7 year old car will not be like a brand new pin on the underside .
Rant over ..... can you feel the 30 years of agro working in the motor trade here
Hehe