View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
My guess would be that, while the inlet fan does most of the work, the purpose of the exhaust fan is to ensure that more of the air is drawn all the way through. Without it I would be concerned that a lot more air would escape through the hashing board power connector slots and the upper grille (on the L3/D3 miners), which could result in hot spots at the far end of the hashing boards. It's possible there may be only one temperature sensor per board too, so you may not be seeing the far-end temperature. Additionally, with the stock fans removed, the Antminer will not be able to ramp up the fan speeds should it detect that the temperature is too high. If the exhaust fan is relatively quiet, I think I'd be inclined to keep that one on, just in case.

Unless you have a 'converted' loft, shouldn't there be ventilation gaps/holes in the eaves?
My house is 118 years old and the cross ventilation is what comes in under the roof tiles.

Wouldn't be a clean stream of air through that that I can imagine to be able to duct it into a miner.