View Single Post
Old 5th February 2016, 08:18 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHooky View Post
In terms of sound it's noticeably deeper. A nice burble, especially on full throttle. I do quite a few longer trips for work and I specifcally didn't want it to drone on the motorway, which it doesn't. Just a nice meaty sound, as it should have sounded out the factory in my opinion...
An exhaust upgrade is something I've planned to do for a long time, and that's precisely my criteria too. Don't want to ruin the refinement when cruising, but I would like to wake the V8 up a little on acceleration. I'm probably going to replace the entire system though, which I think is presently still the one it left the factory with. Like tintin though, I've been kinda waiting until it needs replacing .... which probably won't be so long now.

I had been considering a custom twin exhaust, complete with bumper modifications to accommodate the extra tail pipes, but I'm undecided. I like the idea of having separate exhausts for the two banks of cylinders (which I expect should improve performance a little too) but I'm not sure I want to lose the OEM look.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust