View Single Post
Old 9th January 2015, 01:39 PM

Well I've got most of the bits I ordered from TPS. The clips holding the outer glass on are on back order, but got the gaskets for the front cover and the rubber blocks for the trim to go back on when I've finished.

This is the trim that needs to come off from under each headlight:

Thought it'd be handy to show where the fittings are. It pulls forwards and out from the end where the screw holds it in. The fitting into the wing was VERY tight! I ended up pulling the rubber bungs out of the wing with the trim, so was grateful I'd seen a photo of the wing so knew which direction to be pulling in! Needed to use a trim tool to persuade it out in the end.

Looking a bit sad without a headlight (and apologies for the bent in the bonnet which I still haven't had sorted!)

Headlight as removed

Plan is to sit down and give it an external clean before dismantling. I'll have a close look at the outer lens as I don't think it really needs much attention. The cover behind it, over the bulbs, is where most of the dullness seems to come from so that's going to get polished with the Megs stuff I bought

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC