View Single Post
Old 20th March 2017, 07:14 PM

thanks everyone its all food for thought, I'm lucky really as i don't need my car as transport its only 6 miles to work and i do like going on my bike the weather is getting better (ok it will soon won't it?)
I,d be interested in going to tps cos i get effectively a new box with little down time.
The recon route worries me as i can't see what I'm getting for my money and i have to take somebody else word (i have a friend who recons boxes and I've seen what he does, just fixes the problem with second hand parts and sprays them silver).
i could strip it down myself and this is a option I'm still looking into regarding a full rebuild kit.
i,m tempted by the manual conversion and i think it needs fresh sets of eyes looking into it. many forum members have worked very hard on the research for the conversion and spent a lot of money. maybe if i commit to the project I've got to finish it off or i,ll have a cold winter on the bike.
i need to get a shopping list together of all the parts and see what is still available, its no good me buying most of the essential items i,ll need them all.
At the moment (correct me if I'm wrong) I,d consider the following essential to get me started and any chance of completion.

a flywheel TTV or Fidanza aftermarket £366
clutch kit ,cover, plate, release bearing & arm, slave cylinder s4 £350 from eco less discount .
gearbox, with original mounts but these can be made £400-800
driveshafts and prop as suggested by MikkiJayne £?
aftermarket clutch master and modified pedal box £?
gear lever £?
Am i way of the mark? cheers Dave

2002 S8 silver with black half leather
2000 d2 S8 in Racing green pearl, RS4 manual gearbox,
2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911