View Single Post
Old 20th March 2017, 08:50 PM

The only other non-factory part for this conversion is the pipe that goes from master cylinder to hydraulic cylinder. I assume it can be easily made just by bending some steel? tubing to shape. Alternatively perhaps the factory pipe can be re-bent to fit?

Pedal box cost can be kept down By re-using the stock RHD pedal box casting and welding or bolting on a machined aluminium bracket to fit a stock Audi A4 metal master cylinder. I bought a brand new master cylinder for the mock up I believe it cost only around £100. If you decide to use a different master cylinder the mounting bracket will need to be re-designed.

Here is a pic of the mock up pedal box in the A8 footwell, and a couple of pics of the earlier wood clutch pedal tests with A4 master cylinder. Based on Autocad drawings to calculate same Master cylinder travel as the stock manual pedal box. Incidentally I still have a stock LHD manual pedal box, clutch pedal and master cylinder if anyone needs to borrow it to take measurements, check pedal/master cylinder travel etc.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pedal box in A8 shell.JPG
Views:	619
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	15854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Master cylinder bracket model1.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	15855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Master cylinder bracket model2.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	15856  

Last edited by Goran; 20th March 2017 at 09:02 PM.