View Single Post
Old 24th June 2017, 03:56 PM

I have been interested in macro economics and finance since 1991. But I haven't made a single investment. There was one time I would have, but I was broke at the time.

The markets have become really skewed. They are not working normally, as the central banks manipulate the markets. To me, the question is, how long can they continue propping up unsustainable debts and stock markets?

It no longer makes sense to look at P/E or other valuations of companies.
Mergers is the norm to expand by taking on more debt. Companies also buy back stocks to raise value, along with executive stock options. Making it harder to find any real value behind the stock price.

So forget about the company, but look at what the large investors are doing. If they pull out while small investors pour in, be warned.

To me the problem is - I see when things are going to lead to a crash. But I have no idea when that will happen. Because there are forces at work that extends and pretend, kicking the can further down the street.

So I prepare the best way I can. I bought my house 11 years ago, and see that as my primary investment for the future.
I keep a very small footprint, as in low expenses.
That said, I do believe in precious metals, like silver and gold. Unfortunately, silver is not an option for me as it has 25% VAT in Sweden.

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98