View Single Post
Old 20th January 2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Thanks. I have an E3D Hemera sitting on my desk waiting to go on my CR-10 so I can print TPU and nylon eventually. Just haven't got round to it yet I tried it accidentally on my Ender 3 when a supplier sent an incorrectly labelled sample. It printed, but welded itself to the bed!

I use Fusion360 for design. You're welcome to this STL if you want to have a go at printing it in Ninjaflex. I'm not sure how it would behave with that though as it's designed for PETG so it locks together (to an extent). I would expect ninjaflex to require adhesive, although this requires a sealant of sorts so maybe not that different. I would make the design quite different to print in ninjaflex from the start though so I may send you a couple of STLs to play with when I have time to tweak it.
I have an Aldi Cocoon Create 3D printer (don’t laugh) which has been heavily modified to improve the print quality. I have got access to a Lulzbot Taz 6 and lulzbot Mini 2 at work.

My printer has a glass bed and PEI sheet which definitely stops the flexible filament sticking so much to the bed. It also has a Microswiss all metal hot end which has made printing with flexible filament a LOT easier.

If you make the 3D model to be a tight fit then I would think that you would be able to get away with simply pressing the part into the round hole with no adhesive needed. This has seemed to work with the aerial prototype that I printed last night. I poured water all around it and it does not seem to leak into the boot at least. Perhaps sealant would be prudent though

I am learning how to use fusion 360 but it makes my head hurt! I need more time to get the hang of it. Any files that you want to send my way would be appreciated. I can send the finished products over the drink if you like!