View Single Post
Old 13th June 2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
If thats an AMX then yes there should be something in that can. I guess the rattling was the matrix disintegrating and going out of the tailpipe. Does yours have cats under the gearbox too? Someone has hacked about with mine and it just has pipes where the V8 has cats, but I can't remember whether the 2.8 is supposed to have a second set as I don't see them very often. It may have just been someone changing the flexi pipes.

The connectors for the secondary O2 sensors are underneath the trim panel behind the airbox.

Interesting that yours has a heat shield between the cat and gearbox cooling pipes. Mine doesn't have that.
Yes its an AMX engine. so looks like I am going to have to look for a new downpipe. Yes there are cats under the gearbox too. Well they were, they were shot and i had them replaced for aftermarket jobs. Attached Pic. - well i think they are cats - I am still trying to catch up with all this mechanical stuff. last time I played with engines it was powerpacks on Chieftain tanks.

Behind air box, right I will go hunting tomorrow for that.

Many thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190322_151629.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	23483  
Audi S8 2002 FE Avus Silver / Extended Red Leather.
Daily Driver: BMW 3 series GT - Just more practical for my camping trips!

Last edited by strummagnet; 13th June 2020 at 05:12 PM.