Thread: Blocked Drains
View Single Post
Old 11th July 2020, 08:04 PM

I've had an issue for about 2 years where the roof would get damp or there would be evidence of water in the fuse boards but no idea where it was coming from.
I cleaned the drains, flushed water down and all was fine.

If I parked the car facing up the road, so passenger side was lower than drivers, no issues. Only happened if the drivers side was low.

I needed a new sunroof cassette, so I ordered one from A8 Parts and stripped mine out.

Having a proper look at my sunroof and the drains, I found no issues with the drains. The issue was with the cassette.
The plastic bit where the drains clip in to, was coming away from the cassette and letting water in.

So just a warning, if you got water and clear drains. Check this area as well.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.