View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:05 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Thanks David. That's an incredibly kind and generous offer. I couldn't possibly borrow your car though. I'd be absolutely terrified of something happening to it (even more so than with my own car!). Thanks so much for the offer though

I'm hoping that Mackies manage to reserve the courtesy car for me now that I've spoken to them and explained I need it. He tells me they're short of courtesy cars at the moment due to a few "ongoing issues" with customer's vehicles but that they'll "try" to make one available for me. I'm going to phone them again on Wednesday. If they're still unsure whether they'll have a car available for me I'll organise a hire car.

When my car was with them for a gearbox rebuild last year they had no problem loaning me a courtesy car for 2 weeks. Now that I'm returning for a service they don't have a car to lend me for one day. Can't help wondering if the real reason is that I'm not spending 3K with them this time. It's completely understandable that they should give priority to customers who are paying for an expensive rebuild, but if that is the case I'd prefer they were honest. I'd rather pay more to secure a courtesy car than be unsure if I'll have any transport. I wouldn't mind if they were local and I could just get a taxi back, but they know I'm travelling over 200 miles.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust