View Single Post
Old 26th September 2014, 02:51 PM

Well done boys
At least you wont be disappointed. They are amazing. It's a very very good toy when it comes to VCDS.
Plus your ones got the 1.86GHz CPUs which is always a bonus, same as the finger print reader, but them to I'm not that fussed about as mine is purely for diagnostics and to be in the car 24/7.
I was especially after a mint condition one as most of them are well worn out and no matter which spec you go for they are always very good, even with such a OS like Win 8
So I was blessed with near new condition, I know, I am an@l and on the end of the day it's for diagnostics only, what can I say

DON'T FORGET to buy stylus pen as they are missing one, and go for genuine one.

I haven't installed the Win 7 yet so not sure how is the touch on that, well, mainly if you get on screen keyboard like on Win 8, but I will crack on with it this weekend, I just have to get the dual boot to work, which I haven't done in the past yet as this is my first experience with Win 8.

Plus your ones already come with the 8-cell batteries (extra bit sticking on the back) so thats a bonus.
On brand new 8-cell you can get close to 10hours but with wifi and BT off plus half screen brightness.

If you find the battery is crap, then here is the link to so far the cheapest quality 8-cell battery for it. It's made by 2-power, not no name battery off eBay, and they have pretty good reputation in manufacturing compatible batteries.
http://www.suppliesforschools.co.uk/...ablet-cbi3115a

Sooooo, all you need to do now is to install ETKA and Elsa and let the fun begin

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten

Last edited by M-A8; 26th September 2014 at 02:57 PM.