View Single Post
Old 7th February 2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
Dropped the gearbox pan. Oil dark and grimy but didn't smell toasty, just ATF'y. Evidence of leaks around the gasket and possibly the seal round the prop shaft.
The pan magnets didn't seem to have any obvious metal deposits, but were slimy.
New filter, gasket, bolts and seals from a Meyle kit as it seems the filter on my gearbox isn't the standard one.
Took a lot more oil to fill than was removed, going through the gears at the right temp etc.

Initial test drive and taking it out of my work estate and onto the main road and i was already in 3rd before I realised it had even shifted and that was by knocking it into manual. Power delivery is immediate and no sounds from third or fourth going round corners under power. Definitely different.

Drove home last night and back again and it's a different car. Most the time you can hardly tell the gears are changing apart from the rev counter. The revs stay solid when you are at a constant on the gas pedal (they fluctuated before) and having a quick play with kick down, Manual mode, 6th gear, floored it and it dropped to 3rd and speed just happened. Surprisingly smooth and effortless.

The gearbox feels smoother and better than I recall it when buying two years ago. Power is just THERE on tap. Quite a different car!

I've only done ~25 miles and I want a few hundred to say it's properly worked, but so far things are VERY promising
Which kit did you use? How many litres did it take? Also hopefully is sorted now.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub