Thread: Alfa Brera
View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2017, 09:19 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Promised much, delivered very little at all. Waaaay down on my list of favourite Alfas (of which there are many...)
Some cars are like supermodels; they might look good but you wouldn't want to have to live with them and maintain them.

The Countach, for example: Gorgeous, stunning car IMO. Appearance-wise, my favourite car of all time. The pin-ups of it on my bedroom wall as a teenager even overshadowed those of Linda Lusardi. Then one day I had the chance to get in one (the Countach, not LL) and it was major a disappointment. The Alfas are less extreme but I think the same applies: Great to look at but not necessarily so great to drive/own. I really like Alfas but I wouldn't buy one.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust