View Single Post
Old 17th February 2017, 09:01 AM

Question Help with a Battery Manager audit? ...

Guys; following an ongoing forum discussion with Ross Tech regarding A8 D3 Battery Manager [BEM] ECUs, I wondered if any of you with 'early' A8s [2003 and 2004 cars] could help with survey re. Firmware levels? [Yes, I know there aren't many out there]

'Early' A8s had a Version 1 ECU where the battery cable connected underneath the ECU rather than into the middle of it. However, the good thing for these early BEM ECUs is that you can read the label easily [the V2 ECUs, with the cable going to the middle tend to make it difficult to read the ECU label].

I'm trying to correlate actual HW/SW/FW numbers to label numbers, so to assist, you really need a VCDS scan of the ECU as well as to look at the label. All I'd like to know is the first three lines of the VCDS scan of the ECU 61 and the Part number / SW number / version numbers [two numbers to the right of part numbers] off the label.

Note: I'm doing this because some ECUs seem to have a mismatch between the versions on the label and the versions 'found' by a VCDS scan.

Thanks - Julian

Audi A8 3.0TDI MY2005 in Midnight Blue. Gone since 2018, after 10 years!

Last edited by JulianHicks; 17th February 2017 at 11:57 AM.