View Single Post
Old 21st December 2017, 11:41 PM

Everyone is is in bed and I'm ruminating, used to be called chewing the cud.
I've been looking at my 50mm core drill and realised that it is not the cheap and nasty that I thought. I must have spent some pennies when I purchased it. I was thinking that it was a one piece of metal lump but now looking at it closer have realised that it is a good quality one with an arbor and facility for a guide drill to be fitted.
Tomorrow's job is holding it over the gas hob, applying loads of heat and attempting to crack the short arbor from the core drill. I have just ordered a new 350mm arbor on fleebay in anticipation of a good result from the application of heat. Soaking in WD40 didn't help at all, but then it has done a lot of work just like my dead Lidl SDS drill.
Anyone got a spare pair of asbestos gloves?
Then again Johnmed does not live too far away, I might be able to get him to come round and apply bandages and other care if needed.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)