View Single Post
Old 19th July 2023, 09:54 PM

Thanks, I’d seen this on my hunt but discounted it as the only similarity seemed to be the 034 error I was having, which has now all but disappeared…. Not sure what’s changed here

I’ll have a rummage on Facebook, had totally not even thought about a d4 group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I can't remember what issues you've posted previously about the car, but have you come across the following thread? It only mentions the 034 error, but worth a read in case it may shed some light on the situation:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/33550/

If nothing else, part of that thread will also inform you of what will happen if you take it to Audi. They will throw parts at it (at your expense) until the issue is resolved/or not. Could your solution be as simple as what the OP say in the penultimate paragraph of the last post!

I was going to suggest looking for other forum members with D4s on here and sending them a PM, but unfortunately the forum isn't sending out notification emails any more, so unless they're on the site, they won't see it.

Are you on Facebook, and are you on the A8 & S8 UK Owners Group? There may be other UK focussed groups for D4s, and you may find someone local to do a comparison with.
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold